Monday, May 16, 2011

Terry Shulman's Pattern of Behavior

Here's a very interesting email I just received:

Hi Craig,

A friend of mine recently turned me on to your blog about you awful experience with 821 W. 30th. I was a tenant at 821 W. 30th during the year of June'05 to May'06. Many of the experiences you speak of were similar with my experiences with Terry Shulman. In fact some of the house issues mentioned were there during our tenancy and I know friends who lived there before me who created some of the damage mentioned in your blog. It was very frustrating to us but most of my roommates were students and didn't have the drive to go any further with reclaiming our deposit since it was split between 4 of us. I just didn't like the way Terry treated us after all was said and done and consider it a lesson that landlords(just Terry) aren't that nice despite the many good experiences I've had with other landlords.

I don't know how far a long your fight with Terry to reclaim your security deposit has gone, but I'm hunting for a letter Terry sent us about all the damages he was claiming our security deposit with. I can't promise anything due to the passage of time but I will check with my roommate at the time as well. We made the mistake too of not having an initial walkthrough. The letter accuses us of some of the said damages you were accused of and I find it ridiculous he would use that on your family to withhold your deposit.

I will try to email you later this week on the status of said letter. I don't know if any of this helps.

Take care,