Friday, June 3, 2011

Terry Shulman & the Storefront Hotel, II

Terry and Patti Shulman run the the Storefront Hotel in Staunton, VA. I'm starting to get emails about this place and other people trying to get their money back from the Shulmans. As the author writes, I am not alone.

The Problem

I came across your blog while googling "Terry Shulman" and found it very interesting. While we have never rented from Terry or Patti, we did however make reservations for our one-year anniversary at The Storefront West. That's his newest addition to his conglomeration of scams. He requires a 14 day notice to cancel reservations, I knew this when reserving the loft. I called him 2 days into that 14 day period (2 days too late) to see if there was any way to get out of the reservation because we had found out that our family is planning a cruise and invited us to come along, so we needed to try and save up some spending money. He reminded me of the cancellation policy and I understood but asked if someone else comes along and wants the loft, could we get out of our reservations then. He said yes. He notified me on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 1:04 AM that someone else wants the loft and our reservation is considered cancelled. YES!! We were so happy that this worked out so nicely. I emailed him back thanking him and told him we would most definitely keep The Storefront and/or Storefront West in mind for our future accomodations. I received a response saying "You're welcome. I mistakenly charged your card on the the wrong Monday - last Monday - but will credit the charged amount to your account tomorrow." This email was sent to me at 12:55AM on Thursday morning, May 26th. Keep in mind, he made this "mistake" on MONDAY but is just now coming around to letting me know. My husband and I have been trying to get our money back, money that he had NO RIGHT to take out of our account on that date. He, in essence, stole our money and will not return it! My husband just got off the phone with him and he claimed he credited my card but I see no pending transactions listed from him on my account. I think he's trying to scam us and after reading your blog in its entirety, I feel even more strongly that he's trying to rip us off. I just wanted to email you to let you know that you are not alone in your fight for money that is rightfully your own and trying to get Terry Shulman to do the right thing. This is the shortened version but I have all emails if you want to see them back and forth between me and Terry.